Compact Switch Equipment (DS-Micro)
The DS32 is a modular matrix switch contained within a 3u high 19” card-frame. Each card-frame is designed to house a maximum of 16 two channel port cards, although the shelf can be sub-equipped for smaller capacity systems. The DS-Micro is even more compact in a 1u high chassis supporting up to 8 ports.
Each port card in the system is identical and, as such, may be programmed to be either a channel port or an operator port. The cards operate using our own DSP software code which greatly reduces the component count, thus providing a very cost effective method of providing a multi operator, multi channel control system.
System flexibility is built into each switch element. In the event of a failure to any switch port card, the suspected faulty card can be removed and replaced without powering down the switch. Similarly, the switch port cards are not tied to a specific slot within the switch shelf; consequently, a replacement card can be configured prior to insertion in the shelf thus reducing system downtime.
All of the system cards communicate with each other via a dual bus system controlled from one of the switch cards, acting as a master controller running an arbitrator routine. Any one of the cards can function as the master controller thus ensuring a high level of redundancy within the switch system.
There are two operator control options for the DS-32 & DS-Micro switch; these are the DRC-32 desktop control unit and the DRC-Ops; a PC based software application for the more complex control room solutions.
System facilities are readily configurable via the intuitive and easy to use software application program available to the system administrator.
Audio recording facilities are provided at two locations within the DS system; centralised multi-channel recording is accessed via the recording port on each channel card. Similarly, local recording and play back is available from the tape output on the DRC-32 operator unit. Audio play back is presented via the DRC-32 handset, headset or loudspeaker.
- On card selective calling encode / decode
- Automatic arbitration for high level of redundancy
- Hot card replacement
- On card tone remote or M80 emulation
- Automatic retrieval of last configuration data
- Duplicated power supply option
- Multiple receiver selection or voting option available
- Intuitive PC configuration tool
Graphics support package
- For your convenience we have packaged our product graphics in a single zip file. These images are for use by resellers and anyone promoting AWCSL products. Please respect that the image copyright belongs with the owner AWCSL. Download the package by (clicking here)